Applying as a Transfer Student
We offer both The Common Application and our St. Mary’s Transfer Application. Please choose your preferred application platform; no preference is given to either option.
The Common Application
The Common Application requires that you…
- Submit a personal statement essay due by applicable date
- Provide a unique essay to St. Mary’s College (located on our Questions Page)
The St. Mary’s College Application
St. Mary’s College of Maryland also has its own online application which an applicant can use in place of the Common Application if they would like.
SMCM Admissions Checklist for Transfer Students
- Common Application or SMCM application
includes personal statement essay submitted by the applicable deadline
- Application supplement
Completed and submitted with the application
- Letter of recommendation from a college professor
- Official transcripts of all college work
For students with fewer than 24 earned credits, a final high school transcript must also be provided
- Registrar report from most recent college attended
Should be completed by your college/university registrar or appropriate college official who can verify your enrollment and academic standing
Students with fewer than 24 earned credits must also submit SAT (code 5601) or ACT (code 1736) scores.
- $50 application fee required to submit application*