Beginning February 1, eligible students may submit the $200 housing deposit online through the Portal.
The deadline for submission of the housing contract and $200 deposit is 12:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22. Students who do not submit the contract and deposit may be delayed in selecting housing and will have limited housing options.
If you are unsure, check eligibility. Also, make sure to understand the Housing Contract terms and releases.
To pay the housing deposit:
- Log in to the SMCM Portal at https://seahawks.smcm.edu/ics
- Select the “Campus Life” tab
- Select the “Room Selection” link near the bottom of the page
- Select the “Pay Deposit” link under Step 1
- Selecting the “Pay Deposit” link will take you into the CASHNet System.
- Select “make a payment” to pay your deposit.
- Select “Housing Deposit”
- You can also pay the deposit at the Business Office in Glendening Hall or, to transfer a credit from your student account, click on “transfer a credit” below the housing deposit tab.
Once you have paid the housing deposit you will be given access to Symplicity Residence Application on the “Room Selection” page on the Portal, where you can complete your Housing Contract and submit it. Log into the system using your SMCM network information.
Starting the Contract
- Log in to the SMCM Portal
- Navigate to “Room Selection” under the Campus Life Tab
- Under Step 2 – Log on to the Residence system by using your network information
- On the home page, look for a blue box labeled “Get Started”
- Click “Get Started” to begin the application (your housing contract).
- From here you will be prompted to provide a variety of information about yourself including updating emergency contact information, the type of person you would like to live with, selecting your meal plan and finally a review of the terms and conditions of the housing contract.
- Once you have reviewed your housing contract, check the “I Agree” button and submit your application.
Detailed instructions can be found at: https://sites.google.com/a/smcm.edu/room-selection/submitting-housing-deposit-and-contract