Presenting undergraduate research at a conference off-campus is a great way to build one’s resume and professional network. This listing is not meant to be inclusive but it is representative of psychology students’ past experiences.
Some students have been supported by competitive travel awards sponsored by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience, the Council on Undergraduate Research, the College, or the Foundation.
- Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) (April)
- Posters on the Hill (Washington D.C.) (Spring)
- American Psychological Association Annual Conference (August)
- Association for Psychological Science Annual Conference (May)
- Annual Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (March)
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (November)
- Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (March)
Local Undergraduate Conferences
Held annually in mid April
- LVAIC (Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges) Undergraduate Psychology Conference (location varies; held concurrently with LVSFN [Neuroscience Conference])
- L. Starling Reid Undergraduate Psychology Conference (University of Virginia)
- Morgan State Annual Undergraduate and Graduate Symposium
Recent Conference Presentations
- Mantell, J.M., & Steelman, R. (2020, November). Vocal production as a measure of linguistic associations between space and pitch. Posted presented at the virtual 61st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society.
- Bailey, A.M., *Steinhoff, B., & *Robey, K. (2019, October). Antidepressant efficacy of L655, 708 following infusions into the medial prefrontal cortex. Poster presented atthe 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- *Folts, L.M., *Best, L.M., & Fernandez G. M. (2019, October). Long-term behavioral effects of nicotine and ethanol exposure in aged rodents. Poster presented at the 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- *Thompson, R., & Mantell, J. T. (2019, August). Singing to learn: How melodic content affects encoding and retrieval. Poster presented at the Society for Music Perception and Cognition conference, New York, NY.
- *Hancock, K., & Tickle, J. J. (2019, March). Using acting exercises to reduce prejudice. Poster presented at the 2019 annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, New York City, NY,
- *Ertman, B. & Mirabile, S. P. (2019, March). Parental low negative expressivity and ignoring children’s negative emotions: Implications for children’s emotion regulation. Poster presented at the 2019 biennial conference of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD.
- Foster, N. L., Mantell, J. T., & *Azimi Vahdat, M. M. (2018, November). Measuring the Vigilance Decrement Under Divided Attention. Poster presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society, New Orleans, LA.
- Williams, E. N., & *Shimoda, A. (2018, August). Problematic Empathy in Counseling and Psychotherapy. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
- *Haber-Sage, S., & Platt, R. (2018, May). Changing attitudes towards the insanity defense. Poster presented at Forensic Mental Health Awareness Conference, Washington D.C.