Presenting undergraduate research at a conference off-campus is a great way to build one’s resume and professional network. This listing is not meant to be inclusive but it is representative of psychology students’ past experiences.
- Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) (April)
- Posters on the Hill (Washington D.C.) (Spring)
- American Psychological Association Annual Conference (August)
- Association for Psychological Science Annual Conference (May)
- Annual Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (March)
- Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society (November)
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (November)
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (February)
- Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (March)
Local Undergraduate Conferences
Held annually in mid April
- LVAIC (Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges) Undergraduate Psychology Conference (location varies; held concurrently with LVSFN [Neuroscience Conference])
- L. Starling Reid Undergraduate Psychology Conference (University of Virginia)
- Morgan State Annual Undergraduate and Graduate Symposium
- Mid-Atlantic Undergraduate Psychology Conference (Harford Community College)
Recent Conference Presentations
*denotes student author
- *Atwell, J. & Bailey, A. (2023, April). Special K: Effects of (R)-ketamine on Animal Models of Depression. Talk presented at the 2023 Mid-Atlantic Undergraduate Psychology Conference at Harford Community College, Bel Air, MD.
- *Fitzpatrick, J., *Fraser, A., Ehman, A.C., & Weber, M. (2023, April). Uncertain but not unaffected: Sexual assault uncertainty and post-traumatic-stress symptoms. Poster presented at the 69th Annual Meeting for the Southeastern Psychological Association (SEPA), New Orleans, LA.
- *Taylor, S., *McGurk, S., *Luhn, K., & Howansky, K. (2023, February). Perceptual conformity: Peer influence on perceptions of attractiveness. Society for Personalityand Social Psychology Annual Convention, Atlanta, GA.
- *Brooks, Mackenzie, & Tickle, J. J. (2022, March). Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response: Online, offline, and during COVID. Poster presented at the 2022 annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, New York, NY.
- Mantell, J.M., & Steelman, R. (2020, November). Vocal production as a measure of linguistic associations between space and pitch. Posted presented at the virtual 61st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society.
- Bailey, A.M., *Steinhoff, B., & *Robey, K. (2019, October). Antidepressant efficacy of L655, 708 following infusions into the medial prefrontal cortex. Poster presented atthe 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- *Thompson, R., & Mantell, J. T. (2019, August). Singing to learn: How melodic content affects encoding and retrieval. Poster presented at the Society for Music Perception and Cognition conference, New York, NY.
- *Ertman, B. & Mirabile, S. P. (2019, March). Parental low negative expressivity and ignoring children’s negative emotions: Implications for children’s emotion regulation. Poster presented at the 2019 biennial conference of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD.
- Williams, E. N., & *Shimoda, A. (2018, August). Problematic Empathy in Counseling and Psychotherapy. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
- *Haber-Sage, S., & Platt, R. (2018, May). Changing attitudes towards the insanity defense. Poster presented at Forensic Mental Health Awareness Conference, Washington D.C.