Presenting undergraduate research at a conference off-campus is a great way to build one’s resume and professional network. This listing is not meant to be inclusive but it is representative of psychology students’ past experiences.
- Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) (April)
- Posters on the Hill (Washington D.C.) (Spring)
- American Psychological Association Annual Conference (August)
- Association for Psychological Science Annual Conference (May)
- Annual Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (March)
- Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society (November)
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (November)
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (February)
- Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (March)
Local Undergraduate Conferences
Held annually in mid April
- LVAIC (Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges) Undergraduate Psychology Conference (location varies; held concurrently with LVSFN [Neuroscience Conference])
- L. Starling Reid Undergraduate Psychology Conference (University of Virginia)
- Morgan State Annual Undergraduate and Graduate Symposium
Recent Conference Presentations
- *Thomas, J., McKissick, C., Kass, A. & Tickle, J. (2021, March). Virtual reality effects on learning, engagement, and attitudes toward the technology. Virtual poster presented at the 2021 annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association. Jacinda Thomas was awarded a $400 2021 Psi Chi EPA Regional Research Award for this research. You can watch Jacinda present the poster here.
- *Daugherty, C. & Freedman, G. I’m mean to you, but I like you: reciprocity of liking and disagreeable people. Virtual poster presented at the 22nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP).
- *Mawuli, J., *Moorhead, A., Howansky, K., & non-SMCM collaborators. (2021, February). (Trans)gender stereotypes across racial groups: the relationship between stereotypes and deleterious consequences for transgender racial minorities. Virtual poster presented at the 22nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP).
- Mantell, J.M., & *Steelman, R. (2020, November). Vocal production as a measure of linguistic associations between space and pitch. Poster presented at the virtual 61st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society.
- Bailey, A.M., *Steinhoff, B., & *Robey, K. (2019, October). Antidepressant efficacy of L655, 708 following infusions into the medial prefrontal cortex. Poster presented at the 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- *Folts, L.M., *Best, L.M., & Fernandez G. M. (2019, October). Long-term behavioral effects of nicotine and ethanol exposure in aged rodents. Poster presented at the 2019 Society for Neuroscience Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- *Thompson, R., & Mantell, J. T. (2019, August). Singing to learn: How melodic content affects encoding and retrieval. Poster presented at the Society for Music Perception and Cognition conference, New York, NY.
- *Ertman, B. & Mirabile, S. P. (2019, March). Parental low negative expressivity and ignoring children’s negative emotions: Implications for children’s emotion regulation. Poster presented at the 2019 biennial conference of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD.
- Williams, E. N., & *Shimoda, A. (2018, August). Problematic Empathy in Counseling and Psychotherapy. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
- *Haber-Sage, S., & Platt, R. (2018, May). Changing attitudes towards the insanity defense. Poster presented at Forensic Mental Health Awareness Conference, Washington D.C.