All recipients of department awards and scholarship are nominated and selected by department faculty. There is no application process.
Lisa Zsebedics Memorial Award
Established in 1985 in memory of Lisa Zsebedics, a former student, to recognize an outstanding first- or second-year student committed to understanding the human development process
- 2021 Recipient: Merel Verhoeven
- 2020 Recipient: Mason Drusano
- 2019 Recipient: Samantha Gallo
- 2018 Recipient: Isabel Lott
- 2017 Recipient: Kara Feidelseit
Wilhelm Wundt Award
Established in 2003 to recognize a student’s excellence in quantitative and methodological course work.
- 2021 Recipient: Katherine Agate
- 2020 Recipient: India Oates
- 2019 Recipient: Hannah Vickery
- 2018 Recipient: Allison Barrett
- 2017 Recipient: Lara Holmes
Margaret Floy Washburn Award
Established in 1990 to recognize outstanding research in psychology.
- 2021 Recipient: Erika Blair
- 2020 Recipient: Lillian Folts
- 2019 Recipient: Rebecca Faubion
- 2018 Recipients: Maxwell Madden and Kelsey Hancock
- 2017 Recipient: Claire Kostelnik
Psychology Major Award
Established in 1993 to recognize a psychology, human development, or human studies major who demonstrates a superior understanding of the themes and methods of that discipline.
- 2021 Recipient: Isabel Lott
- 2020 Recipient: Vera Armstead
- 2019 Recipient: Kara Feidelseit
- 2018 Recipient: Benjamin Ertman
- 2017 Recipient: Mary Ann Gill
Jaie M. Perizzo Human Services Award
Established in 1993 to recognize a junior or senior psychology, human development, or human studies major who demonstrates outstanding potential as a practitioner in human services. Named in 2015 in memory of a former student.
- 2021 Recipient: Elizabeth Prather
- 2020 Recipient: Anna Kronheim
- 2019 Recipient: Ashantee Barnwell
- 2018 Recipient: Caroline Robertson
- 2017 Recipient: Megan Darby
Department of Psychology SMP Award
Established in 2011 to recognize outstanding work in the eight-credit St. Mary’s Project. Up to two awards may be given annually to recognize and commend this work.